Janae and JenJ's Zucchini Soup

Sunday seems like a good day to share a recipe.

And it seems like an even better day to share a recipe that's been shared with me by two of my favorite girlfriends: Janae and JenJ. 

It's a joint-venture kinda recipe. 

Janae shared it with JenJ. JenJ made it for me. Then, I told Janae I loved it . . . so Janae gave me homegrown zucchini so I could make it myself. (NOTE: I got the better end of this deal all-around. Thank you Janae and JenJ.)

So now I share it with you:

Janae and JenJ's Zucchini Soup


Ingredients
* Serving size . . . depends on how much ya share.

3 cups sliced zucchini
1/2 c water
1 Tbs onion
2 buillion cubes (chicken)
2 Tbs flour
2 Tbs butter
Pepper
1 cup milk
1/2 cup light cream (I often use milk)

Directions
1. Cook zucchini, H20, buillion, and onion until mushy. Puree.

2. Melt butter, add flour to make paste.

3. Pour in milk and cream; whisk. Stir until thickened.

4. Add pureed zucchini.

(It's super easy and pretty fast.)


Me, Mary, JenJ, and Shannon (when hair was poofier for me).

Janae and me.

(PS: Yes, it's a more flattering pix of her than me. Just tryin' to keep it real.
PPS: She usually looks more peaceful than me in real life, too. LOL!)



PS: Posting these pix. makes me pretty grateful for the girlfriends in my life. Hearts to you g-friends!

Popular posts from this blog

I Heart Summertime!

Survivor 24, A Guinea Pig, And Valentine's '12

Rocktober