Survivor 24, A Guinea Pig, And Valentine's '12

Women of Salani tribe.
Survivor: One World.
(c) CBS, Monty Brinton, 2011.


Ahhhh. There's so much to talk about today!

First and foremost, tonight is the premiere for Survivor: One World--season 24, and I can't wait--because this season has some great twists. 

Redemption Island is gone. The the tribes are separated men vs. women. Hidden Immunity idols have a different "way" of being played (once you find one, it has to be given to someone on the OTHER tribe). 

And my most favorite twist: the two tribes are living on ONE beach. 

I think the idea of living on the same beach just makes sense, and I would have loved that during our season--because I think it will really help the castaways have a better "read" on ALL of the players. I think this one twist makes the long game REALLY interesting. 

Think of all that Upolu camp life that we/Savaii didn't even know about until the show aired? Brandon and Mikayla? More about Christine/Stacey. More about the Day 1 Alliance of Coach, Albert, Sophie, Rick, and Brandon. Had we lived on the same beach, we would have known so much more about Upolu--their personalities/strengths/weaknesses/etc. I would have loved that.

Now, I'm sure I'll be commenting more throughout the season, so I hope some of you readers will be watching. But in the meantime, here's the promo clip from CBS:


PS: A few readers have asked me how I feel about a new cast/show airing? I think they are wondering if I am missing the experience. 

My answer? 

(c) CBS, Monty Brinton, 2011.
Savaii--Immunity Challenge #2.

Yes, I am.

I loved my whole Survivor experience! The MINUTE I left Redemption Arena (when I lost my duel), I was thinking, "I want back in the game." 

BUT, that being said, I still feel very connected to the game, our season's cast, and the experience ... and I'm excited for the new cast to go through this part of the game (the airing part). It's soooo crazy/fun/overwhelming.

****

Now ... onto my next "thing."

We now own one of these:



You see, our youngest four kiddos were really feelin' the LOVE yesterday. And so, they managed to persuade Dave and I to let them buy a guinea pig. (All their own money, PS.)

I know what you're thinking, they multiply like rabbits and work as CIA agents when you aren't looking (See movie: G-Force). (They = guinea pigs, not our kids. Ha!)

But let me assure you, we only bought ONE. And, she doesn't look like the spying type. So, I think we're good. 

PS: The above pic is of a random guinea pig. Ours is still sleeping, so I don't have a current photo to share. Will have one tomorrow. 

Oh, and her name is Amelia Valentine. Amelia--for the Doctor Who character, "Amelia," and Valentine--in honor of the day she joined the fam. (Hey, that kinda sounds like a spy name, no? Amelia Valentine? Uh-oh.)


****

And now, my last "thing."

How was your Valentine's Day?

We had a really good day. (Food. Family. Fun.)

And this was one of my favorite moments. When I took this photo, it just hit me: life can be so beautiful. 

I love these moments.


Our daughter Bam with Harriet-The-Dog.

Bam had the groomer put these pink tulle bows in Harriet's hair for Valentine's Day.

I don't think Harriet was too happy about it.

But Bam sure was.






Popular posts from this blog

I Heart Summertime!

To Do Lists