What's Black and White and Re(a)d All Over?




I don't know how long it's been since I've read a print-based newspaper--I get so much of my news online.

So it surprised me when our friends Jeff and Janae said, "Saw your family in the paper today."

What paper? I had no idea.

And immediately I was transported back to first grade--the LAST time I can remember seeing my picture in a newspaper. (That picture featured me and 20 other girls from my Bluebird Troop working on a parade float. A Winnie the Pooh float, to be exact. PS: I think my parents bought 212 copies of that newspaper. They're still stored in the shed at my Great Grandma's house, I'm pretty certain. It was Big Time News back in 1977.)

Anyway, my point!

Jeff and Janae gave me their copy so I could share it with our kids and Dave-man . . .

who were SOOO excited to see themselves in the paper!

There's just something WAY COOL about seeing a photo of yourself on that smudgy black and white printed page.

I think everyone deserves to have their picture in the paper. 

Don't you? 

When I am President that is SO Happening!

PS: The best part of this story is that our "picture" is in the newspaper to share information about adoption and foster care . . . something we are way way proud to be connected with.

PPS: We're missing two of the six kiddos in this shot. Teenagers are hard to pin down for photo opportunities with their parents these days. (Next time, Jay and Bam.)



Popular posts from this blog

I Heart Summertime!

Survivor 24, A Guinea Pig, And Valentine's '12

Rocktober