Thinking About 2011 Resolutions . . . Already?
2010 was the first year--EVER--where I wrote New Year's Resolutions and actually worked on them all year long.
And you know what? I think this year I grew more than I had in other years. (You can laugh now. I'm not exactly unbiased in my self-assessment. LOL!)
Maybe what I mean to say is:
having resolutions written down helped me to CHART/SEE the growth this year. And I have loved that! (Kind of like when you are a kid and you chart your height on a wall. It's so exciting to see where you are--and where you were.)
So, where I used to see resolutions as kind of "wishful thinking" or "pie-in-the-sky" ideas, I now see them as really really helpful.
And with that in mind, I'm beginning to think about my 2011 New Year's Resolutions.
Here are the ideas I'm thinking about--"borrowed" from MSN or Yahoo. I can't remember which.
I like these resolutions or concepts as starting-points. They seem like ideas that would help anyone GROW (and find JOY--which is our 2011 family theme):
10. Get a new 'tude.
9. Stop Putting Things Off.
8. Try That Hobby.
7. Create Some Space.
6. Try a New Look.
5. Check Your Diet.
4. Make a Big Change.
3. Refresh Your Love Life.
2. Do Better.
1. Do Unto Others.
In other news, tomorrow is Dave's bday! Love you, Dave!
PS: Here's a happy story about a 92 year old woman who completed the Honolulu Marathon this year! Talk about inspirational!
