Silver The Service Hamster
| Silver the service hamster, on duty. |
A few weeks ago my BFF Janae told me her hamster, Silver, has calming effects on their family/friends.
To which I said, "Well, he's not a service animal unless he has a Service/ADA vest."
How does he know he's "working" vs. "playing"?
(If you missed my previous post, I've recently read a book about a service dog--so I'm basically a Google Expert on ADA service animals now. You can ask me anything!)
Anyway, my point!
I told our friend Kristi about Janae's hamster and how I wished I could find a tiny vest for Silver--as a joke for Janae.
To which Kristi said, "Oh, I can totally make him one."
What the what?
"People still sew and needlepoint? Kristi, it's 2013!" I
Turns out they totally do!
Kristi made my dream a reality!
And it's the cutest thing you've ever seen: a bright orange vest, needlpointed name/job title, and a velcro belt to fit around Silver's waist.
Tell me that's not HILARIOUS?
I love Kristi, Janae, Silver, and home-seamstressing!
I swear if you don't see me on Shark Tank pitching these hamster vests one day ... hahahaha.
| The vest doubles as a blanket. |
| Truly the kindest gift ever. Thank you Kristi! |
****
In other news, I learned to make Hummus in the BlendTec this weekend. Woo hoo!
And Dave and I were given tickets to the Parade of Homes. Thanks, Jhan! This was my favorite room--out of all of the homes.
And Lu cannot stop making this silly face. I found literally 43 photos just like this on my phone this weekend!
And Zu cannot stop taking similar photos of our pets! I found this one and it scared the crap outta me. Tell me it doesn't look like Whitney the cat is doing a play on The Blair Witch Project. Boo!