Funky
![]() |
| A rainbow house. Isn't this awe-maze-ing? |
There's a definite possibility that I'm going through some type of existential crisis.
I think it has something to do with one or all of the following:
--our oldest/first kiddo leaving home
(to serve a service mission for 2 years)
--turning 43
--completing a life-LONG goal of playing Survivor
(For those of you that know me, I first applied for Survivor at age 30! So it really is incredible that I was able to eventually get cast and play ... twice. What the what? My point here, that goal is done. I need a new one.)
--not working out regularly
(My post-Survivor fitness and eating routines have been horrible. I'm the heaviest I've ever been. In my whole life, dangit.)
--missing our beloved family dog, Ozzy
(had him for 10+ years)
--coughing for 34 days straight
(I caught some type of bronchitis or cold in July and haven't stopped coughing since)
I know none of these are "real problems," but they are definitely things that have contributed to this funky space I find myself in lately.
But my point!
Everything is going to be okay.
I know that.
I've lived enough days in this kinda funk to know that: This, too, shall pass.
I didn't say it would all be butterflies and rainbows. BUT, the funk will pass.
And if I can't control the rainbows in the sky, I can control the color of my house, car, etc. (They can be rainbow, yanno? You're not the boss of me!)
Okay, my point!
I'm jussayin': Life feels wonky right now.
But I'm still hopping on the treadmill. Still doing some situps. Still eating healthier.
I'm just not going to let the clouds overwhelm my thinking.
Well, that, and surround myself with happy/positive things, music, places, people, etc.
****
PS1: Thank you to everyone who sent recipes for lavender! I'm excited to show you how we use it. Stay-tuned.
PS2: We LOVED the cauliflower soup. So good.
PS3: Thank you for the juice recipes! (What did we do before the Internet? It's sooooooo cool.)

