An Early Mother's Day Post
![]() |
| Adoption Day: Jr and LuLu, 2009. |
The Survivor Caramoan finale falls on Mother's Day, so I wanted to write my Mother's Day post today.
Oh, and before I begin: Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
I know there will be thousands of cards and blogposts dedicated to Mothers. And I know to some people it's kind of cliche' to add the "Mother's Day Blogpost" to the mix.
But I love my mom so much, I'm no different: I want her to know how grateful I am to be her daughter--even if it is in a very public way.
Mommy-O, I love you. I love everything I've learned from you (life lessons, cooking, laughter, parenting, mindfulness ...). I love spending time with you. And I feel sincerely fortunate to have you as my mentor, friend, and tour guide here on Planet E. I think you are a phenomenal mom, wife, grandma, friend--an incredible person.
And I can't wait to see you next week! Happy early Mother's Day.
![]() |
| My mom and dad. B) |
I really believe that each and every bambino we were able to bring into our lives came through a remarkable set of circumstances. Dave and I are just so thankful to be parents to each of these kiddos.
I know everyone thinks their kids are phenomenal, but I'm telling you objectively (since I didn't make them), each of our 6 kids are PHENOMENAL! (Tee hee.)
Thank you La, Candace, Melissa, Amy, and Ruby for sharing motherhood with me. You have each shaped my life in ways I never thought possible. I love you and respect you and am indebted to you for being my best soul sistas/girlfriends in this big, crazy world we live in. I love you and am honoring you--and the beautiful small people you made/shaped--this whole week (lots of desserts and positive thoughts your way!).
Hugs and kisses from us all. XOXOXO.
![]() |
| LuLu (Ruby's creation). |
| Dave (my husband, Gr. Mary's creation) and Jay (La's creation). |
| Jr. (Ruby's creation). |
| Bam (Candace's creation)--with her babysitting friend/twin bambino. |
| Papaya (Melissa's creation). |
| ZuZu (Amy's creation) with Toby the dog. |
Happy Mother's Day!
(PS: Dave, I know I owe you the world for being such an incredible dad/husband--and open to adopt not one, but SIX, kiddos. It's a dream come true to parent with you.
I love you.)
I love you.)


