We Love You Cory ...
![]() |
| Bam's birthfather, Cory. |
Last night we got a phone call that turned our world upside-down.
We learned that Cory, our daughter Bam's birthfather, had taken his life.
We're just in shock.
Total shock and extreme sadness.
Cory and Candace (her birthparents) mean so much to our family.
They are our family.
We've known them since shortly before Bam was born--nearly 16 years ago. And if sharing a bond like Bam wasn't enough to meld our hearts into one, we've had an open adoption and lived in the same city as they have for many many years. We love their family, their extended family, and their children.
Simply put: they changed our family at our core.
I wish I had the right words. I wish I knew how to comfort Bam, Candace, their other children and grandparents.
And I wish I knew how to stop pain--true pain--like Cory's.
It seems so unfair to have such a heavy burden on your mind/shoulders, one that leads you to lose hope.
Cory, I believe in the very depths of my bones, in my soul, that our physical body is just a shell. That the true essence of who we are is a spirit of love. A literal spirit.
And I want you to know that we are going to find it hard to spend time here on earth without seeing you. But I know that you are not gone. You will always be here in our hearts and minds. Always.
Thank you for loving our family, Cory. Thank you for loving Bam every day of her life--for sacrificing so much of yourself so we could be her parents. She loved you. And most importantly, she knew you loved her. You made that so clear with every interaction, every letter, every phone call, every hug.
We love love love you. And we'll be talking to you each night as we say our prayers.
XO to the moon and back, Cory. You are going to be so missed. You are one beautiful young man--inside and out. Peace, dear friend. God be with you 'til we meet again. XOXOXOXO
| Bam and Cory (he was a baker and IT marketing guru) |
