And It's Only The First Week Of 2012!

NYC on NYE.

(We spent our NYE in SLC.)


If the first week of 2012 is any indication of what the whole year is going to be like, then I think I may need to add an extra multi-vitamin to my regular health routine.


Why, you ask?


Well, because for the first time since I was "in the game," I haven't known what day of the week it is.


(Sidenote: You don't have access to watch/calendar in the game, so even though you are able to count the number of days you've been playing, you really do start to lose a sense of traditional time.)


In other words, life has been pretty busy.


Here's a sampling of the insanity this week's schedule:




1. Work out.

Working out will always be a mental mountain for me to climb.
BUT, after preparing for Survivor, I know how much it can change your life.
SO, I will do it even when I don't want to.

Period.

That being said, I can barely walk, climb stairs or sit down this
week--as a result of increasing my weights.

No pain, no gain? Let's hope so.



2. Straighten hair for kiddo #5.

This involved 2 days of appointments and more than 15 hours combined.

(And completely worth it.)


3. Support local economy by getting eggs
from this AWESOME self-serve egg thingy.



4. Bake bread.

(PS: it's not blurry in real life)




5. Keep in contact with friends/island family.


5b. Keep in contact with "real" family.
PS: My sister-in-law and her sister at the finale'.

PPS: Yes, I have an ET neck. Oh well.






6. Celebrate kiddo #1's seventeenth birthday.

(And arrange a family trip to Spring Training in
Arizona to see this fella, too. Ian Stewart of the Chicago Cubs.)





7. Cheer for husband as he registers for the Provo Marathon.



8. Get more haircuts--by this bambina's mom.

8b. Send Whitney Duncan this photo and ask her if she wore cowboy boots as a baby.
(She wore them in the game.)


PS: Her reply, "Yes, I did, but I had more hair."



9. Take this kiddo to the doctor for an ear infection.

(Who smiles when they don't feel well? LuLu.)


10. Get online and respond to emails and messages
from Survivor fans.

(This is Big Mike.)

PS: If you can believe this, I received "fan mail" from a
priest on assignment at the Vatican yesterday. As in Rome, Italy, Vatican.
HOLY MOLY!




11. Receive a package from CBS.

Totally unexpected, but soooooo exciting: Survivor swag. Yay.



12. Start a "travel bug" with some Survivor fans,
using my CBS Rubik's Cube.



13. Start teaching at BYU. New semester.




PS:

One More Thought 


After playing Survivor and living with literally one outfit, no running water, no sanitation, no medication, no outside news/communication with family, no outside news/communication from the world, no bed, no electricity, no employment, no toothbrush, and no consistent source of food, I am insanely grateful for the life that I live. 


My life isn't perfect and it's not always easy or happy, BUT, it's a life FILLED with freedom and opportunity. 


And that's something I never ever take for granted. 


So, while I may lament about being busy, it's really not a lament. It's more of a "Here's what I'm up to, how about you?"


Just wanted to make sure and frame this post with that in mind--because the 28 days I spent in the game really did change my world view. 


Isn't that incredible: A reality tv show/game can change your life for the better?


I think Sophie said it best at the Reunion, the game really did change my life.










Popular posts from this blog

I Heart Summertime!

Survivor 24, A Guinea Pig, And Valentine's '12

Waiting for the Haunted Train . . .